Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankfully Reading Weekend 2014: Friday


Jenn asked us what book we are most thankful for this year. I would have to say that is To Kill a Mockingbird. I actually read it for the first time in July. I can't believe I have never read it before. Sometimes there are these books that are so hyped up that they end up disappointing you. This book did not. It was a wonderful, beautifully crafted story. It brought forth so many emotions. It was a beautiful book.

9 pm

Well today has pretty much been a bust reading wise between sick animals and other distractions. I did finish Cinder. I definitely enjoyed it. I really want to read the next one in the series.
I just have a few chapters left in The Racketeer audiobook. The one thing I don't like about audiobooks is that it is hard to go back and figure out who people are if you forget the names of characters. 
I started DeJa Dead by Kathy Reichs this afternoon. It is the first Temperance Brennan book. I love her YA adult series The Virals. This book has started out good but it is pretty graphic so I may have to switch to something else for night time reading. I have been known to have nightmares after reading scary/graphic/bloody books at night.


I just edited my Thanksgiving phtoos and put on Facebook. I know my family hates that I take so many photos at family celebrations but I think it is really important to document our time together. It is rarer than ever these days to all be in the same house. I got some good group photos this year. I know what everyone is getting for Christmas!
11 pm

Decided to take a break from the grisly Deja Dead and start Frostbite by Richelle Mead. And there is a massacre in the first 20 pages. So not a good choice either! I am just going to go ahead and expect nightmares tonight. I have had Frostbite on my Nook for a few months now. I love that I am getting a chance to clear off books that I have been neglecting on my TBR pile since I have been reading so many library books.
Don't forget to check me out on Twitter and Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment