Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankfully Reading 2013: Day Three

Today begins my Thankfully Reading Day 3. I plan in having a very relaxing day full of pjs, reading, Thanksgiving leftovers and trying to stay warm in this chilly weather.

12:30 pm
I finished listening to The Railway Children. The ending made me tear up as usual. I am still reading Neptune Noir. I also started Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century. Looking forward to finding out more about this dramatic couple. My husband has distracted me for a few hours with Homeland but it's back to reading. 


2:50 pm
It has been a glorious sun soaked (though still cold) day. I have just been relaxing. Huddling on my couch with a blanket and snuggly puppy is the best. I had to take a break from Neptune Noir because my Kindle was dying. I am enjoying the book about Liz and Dick. So interesting what an impact their relationship had on the current celebrity culture. The term paparazzi was coined out of their relationship as well as people's burning desire to know everything about celebrity romances. I am going to take a break from this book for a little bit and read Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery. It is one of my favorite books and I usually reread it every few years. I have been reading it for a few weeks and have about a hundred pages left so I think I will finish it today. 


10:30 pm 
Well it's been another great day of reading and family time. I finished Neptune Noir and almost finished Emily of New Moon. I spent the rest of the day hanging out with three of my four sisters. I am going to bed early tonight since I have a morning photo shoot tomorrow. I am excited because my sister knitted me some fingerless gloves. It will be so awesome to have those during the photo shoot. She makes such cute handmade knitted items You should check out her shop on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/lemonsandcream

No comments:

Post a Comment