Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What's In A Name 4--Travel or Movement


I decided to read Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne for this category. I have never read the unabridged version so I was looking forward to this. One of my favorite books of all time is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I remember sneaking in the closet in the middle of the night when I was little to read it after I was supposed to be in bed. I had read several abridged versions of Journey so I was excited to read the full edition on my Nook. This was a great book! It is very adventoruous and I love how crazy the uncle is and how the nephew & guide follow him to the center of the earth. One of my favorite parts is when they get caught up in the underground ocean and don't even know where they are. Verne wrote so vividly that at times I felt like I was really right there with them. This was a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment