Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 E-Book Challenge


I finished my first e book of 2011. Well technically it was my 2nd but the other one I started in 2010 so it didn't count for the challenge. I am going to try to just do one post for all my ebooks so it might look funky as when I update the date doesn't change.
January 2, 2011
1.
I started reading The Hunger Games books after seeing so many tweets about how good they were. I was sucked in quickly. I started reading the first one on my new Nook Color Christmas Day. They were such a novel concept and I really enjoyed every moment reading them. They are definitely hard to put down. I started Mockingjay on New Year's Day and read it until I decided to be polite and watch a movie with my husband. I had to get up at 6 am to work this morning and I couldn't wait to get home and read. As soon as I got home I settled down with my Nook and plunged back into Katniss' world. This time I really couldn't put it down( although I did take a break when my sister came to visit me). I was happy with the ending although was very saddened on certain parts(no spoiler alerts:-) I was really sad when I realized it was the final book in the series because I hadn't known that. That is the drawback of a Nook book. There wasn't a big Final book notice on it like the real book. However I loved reading it on my Nook, which I love. For so long I fought the idea of an e reader because I love real books. But I have to admit the e reader is very handy and easy to read. I don't enjoy reading the left side of the page anyway! Anyway so my first e book of 2011 was a winner. Wonder what will be next?


March 30, 2011

Well I have been so busy with school and photography that I have been bad about writing in this blog. I have been reading though. A lot! I can't remember the exact dates of when I read these books but these are the ebooks I have read since Janaury until today. I will try to write my thoughts about these books some time! I just wanted to write them down before I forgot. Since I have already surpassed my goal of 12 books read I have decided to change my level to possessed and attempt to read 50 ebooks before the end of the year.

2. A Tangled Web by L.M. Montgomery

3. Kilmeny of the Orchard L.M. Montgomery

4. A Reliable Wife Robert Goolrick

5. Roses Leila Meacham

6. The Unlikely Disciple Kevin Roos

7. Wish Alexandra Bullen

8. The Prince and The Pauper by Mark Twain

9. Firefly Lane Kristin Hannah

10. State of the Onion Julie Hyzy

11. Hail to the Chef Julie Hyzy

12. This Lullaby Sarah Dessen

13. Eggsecutive Orders Julei Hyzy

14. The Sherlockian Graham Moore

15. Two-Way Street Lauren Barnholdt

16. The Truth About Forever Sarah Dessen

17. Gone With the Wind Margaret Mitchell

July 2, 2011
I really, really love my Nook!! Here are the books I have read since last I checked in
18. Keeping the Moon Sarah Dessen
19. Along for the Ride Sarah Dessen
20. Dreamland Sarah Dessen (Seeing a pattern here? I LOVE Sarah Dessen)
21. Switched Amanda Hocking
22.Torn Amanda Hocking
23. Kate the Making of a Princess Claudia Joseph (hey it was free:-)
24. Dead Reckoning Charlaine Harris
25. Ascend Amanda Hocking
26. Pandora Henry James
27. The Summer I Turned Pretty Jenny Han
28. It's Not Summer Without You Jenny Han
29. We'll Always Have Summer Jenny Han
30. 13 Blue Envelopes Maureen Johnson
31. When It Happens Susanne Colasanti
32. Wings Aprilynne Pike (Free Friday selection. Terrible!)

December 31, 2011
I am such a terrible blogger not updating in six months. Here is the last e-books I have read of the year. Did I make my goal?

33. The Unsuspecting Mage Brian S. Pratt
34. Fires of Prophecy Brian S. Pratt
35. Canary Island Song Robin Jones Gunn
36. Peach Keepers Sarah Addison Allen
37. The Book Thief Markus Zusak
38. Confessions of a Prairie Bitch Allison Arngrim
39. Something Like Fate Susanne Colasanti
In between here I went over a month reading no Nook books thanks to school.
40. Drinking With Strangers Butch Walker
41. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Steig Larsson
42. Pegasus Robin McKinley
43. Buffalo West Wing Julie Hyzy
44. The Bullpen Gospels Dirk Hayhurst
45. On Mystic Lake Kristin Hannah
46.Christmas Wedding James Patterson
47. Hunger Games Suzanne Collins (Second reading was even better!!!)
48. Catching Fire Suzanne Collins
49. Mockingjay Suzanne Collins (the book I started out the year with! How fitting!)
50. Explosive Eighteen Janet Evanovich
51. Then Came You Jennifer Weiner
I made my goal!!! So happy and looking forward to 2012 challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment