Friday, September 20, 2013

What's In A Name 6 Update

I discovered I was indeed doing a challenge this year and it is What's In a Name 6. And I have inadvertently read books in every category except one. Next year I hope to plan the books per category a little better since I am somewhat embarrassed to admit I read some of these books.

The first category was a book with something you would find in your kitchen. I read City of Glass by Cassendra Clare. As I stated in my last blog post I read all the Mortal Instruments books this year even though I disliked the characters and wasn't crazy about the writing. I just had to find out what happened. So I guess I enjoyed the plots. And Magnus Bane. But other than that they were totally blah. Honestly I can't even remember what the mortal instruments are.

The next category was a book with up or down in the title. I read Man Up! Tales of My Delusional Self-Confidence by Ross Matthews. I loved this book. It was absolutely hilarious. I read it in one afternoon and laughed a lot. I remember seeing him for the first time on the Jay Leno show eons ago as Ross the Intern and I have always thought he was funny.

A book with fire in the title was City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. Felt the same way about this as I did about City of Glass.

For a book with emotion in the title I read Bliss by Kathryn Littlewood. This book was a Free Fridays selection on my Nook. A book about a magic cookbook? Yes, please. This was a cute story and I love children's books but I think it was just a little too young for me. Now if I had read it when I was 10 (which isn't possible as it is a newer book) and was rereading it now I would probably adore it because of the nostalgia factor (ie Nancy Drew). But I didn't and don't.

In the a book with lost or found in the title category I read another Free Friday selection which was The Lost Code by Kevin Emerson. This was another YA book but I really enjoyed it. The story took a little too long to get going but once it did I was dying to find out what would happen. I am planning on reading the next book in the series.

I still need to read a book in the celebration/party category but I still have a few months. And hopefully I will update the blog again before Thankful Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment